Faulty Worcester 24 CDI RSF Boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Faulty Worcester 24 CDI RSF Boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

goobjoob

Hi,I have a Worcester 24CDI RSF combi boiler.When you switch on after a couple seconds the DHW demand indicator flashes fast.If you then switch off and back on again the fan tries to turn but stops.Then after about 15 times switching on and off it's as if the bearing in the motor of the fan has had some oil put on it and starts to work properly and so the boiler then fires up. I have changed the air pressure switch but no difference.Any advice please.:eek:

Fans broken by the sounds of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're getting power to the fan and it ain't spinning I'd reccon it's that... Have you checked the fan for power to the motor? Do you know how too?

Sorry,Not sure how to,But I guess at the motor you would test for voltage at the two spade connectors .Any advice would be appriciated.Thanks Again

Sorry,Not sure how to,But I guess at the motor you would test for voltage at the two spade connectors .Any advice would be appriciated.Thanks Again

You should have mains 240v at the fan. Ideally you should check the connection from the PCB to the fan. If you're not sure how to though I'd advise that you consider getting someone in who knows what they're doing. Messing with things you're not confident or competent with where gas is concerned can be fatal! :death:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
This response doesn't make any sense, as the...
Replies
Views
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
Back