favourite first choice landlords boilers | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss favourite first choice landlords boilers in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

SafeGasInstall

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I know it has been discuss before,but can you just give me your opinion on it please !

1-combi
2- heat only

Stan, Are you asking what we would put in for a landlord or what the landlord would like us to put in?
I would fit either a Potterton Promax Combi or a Vaillant Ecotec Pro.
Heat only - Probably a WB Greenstar Ri .

my Q is what do landlords are happy to get as they all on the cheap as possible all the time !

I would fit a Remeha regardless, obviously a combi or system depending on what was required.

Landlords in my experience seem to prefer combi's

bob

what sort of price are those remeha boilers - for combi standard flue and timer/clock ?

halstead ace at my local yesterday £444 inc not my choice but cheap as chips for l/lord

Might be cheap as chips to buy, have you ever had to repair one or buy parts for them........horrendous!!!!

Bob

First time you have to change parts on these cheap boilers the initial cost saving goes out the window, the parts are ridiculous prices.

I can't remember exactly how much but got quoted a horrendous price fir a Suniar Duvall exp vessel. It was cheaper for me to supply and install a remote one than the price of the replacement one was for me to buy!

I can only shudder at the thought of a gas valve or PCB.

Had the same problem with Halstead, thermistor £23 if i remember correctly

its easy to work out which boiler a landlord will chose look at the price the lower the intial price the better the land lord will like it

its easy to work out which boiler a landlord will chose look at the price the lower the intial price the better the land lord will like it
this was my thought,
you win the job and service for 2 years, the landlord gets someone else in @.49p cheaper for an anual service.
by then you have your fill and move on?.

main combi eco and a baxi solo, cheaper boilers than wb and vaillant and both made by baxi so pritty good bits of kit and spares available for alot of years which landlords love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks, so i need another one?...otherwise the...
Replies
Views
Thanks to @ShaunCorbs and @cjg for the helpful...
Replies
Views
P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
Don’t know if this is the right part but...
Replies
Views
Back