Favourite fitting and PE pipe | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Favourite fitting and PE pipe in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hello PFM's,

I was wondering what was everyone's fav. fittings for tieing into rads and general central heating system design.

My judging considerations are
1.speed of install.
2.longevity of the fittings, likely to fail.
3.footprint, EG. Find JG etc. can be a bit bulky under shallow floors in flats, can be a nightmare on 22 and elbowing up to a rad.

Currently, I use a combination of JG/flofit, and solder joints below ground, played a bit with Hep2O some brandless name shark style (very bulky)

-Saw buteline on the market which seems pretty tidy in size, anyone using this system seems like it has not caught on or has good distribution?

-Uponor also look ok, but buying the specific expanding tool seems expensive?

-PEX brass which looks good when you need to work in tight areas but does not seem to be available in the UK?

What your thoughts?

Mlcp and copper for me best of both worlds with mlcp and cheap vs copper (labour)

Hello PFM's,

I was wondering what was everyone's fav. fittings for tieing into rads and general central heating system design.

My judging considerations are
1.speed of install.
2.longevity of the fittings, likely to fail.
3.footprint, EG. Find JG etc. can be a bit bulky under shallow floors in flats, can be a nightmare on 22 and elbowing up to a rad.

Currently, I use a combination of JG/flofit, and solder joints below ground, played a bit with Hep2O some brandless name shark style (very bulky)

-Saw buteline on the market which seems pretty tidy in size, anyone using this system seems like it has not caught on or has good distribution?

-Uponor also look ok, but buying the specific expanding tool seems expensive?

-PEX brass which looks good when you need to work in tight areas but does not seem to be available in the UK?

What your thoughts?
Copper upstands to all rads, vertical neat and strong, no micky mouse valves Drayton trv and neat lockshields ...thats it centralheatking

An interesting debate on what plastic based pipe systems each of you are using. On the comment about the cost of the Uponor tool needed to install the Q&E Shrink-fit system, through selected merchants, they very often run promotions throughout the year to help new customers with attaining a tool. We’d happily point you in the direction of these promotions if that would help? Contact number 01923 927 000

Back