Female looking for a plumbing apprenticeship in Essex/East London area?? | Find Local Plumbers - Post a Job | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Female looking for a plumbing apprenticeship in Essex/East London area?? in the Find Local Plumbers - Post a Job area at Plumbers Forums

M

Megmog94

Hi there :)
I'm from Romford looking for a plumber in Essex/East London to take me on as an apprentice- any takers?!

I'm 20 years old, female and most importantly hardworking! But am finding it so difficult to get my foot in the door :(

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

Welcome along. In sure as some of the rabble get in they would be able to point you in the right direction. I'm afraid I'm daaaan saff so won't be any good to you

Your best bet is to call round all local companies and speak to them, also maybe try your local colleges to see if they can put you in touch with any of the employers they deal with who may be looking to take anyone on.

BG need women. Also it might be an advantage if you were gay/ bi and non white British - us see anyone can learn to be a plumber but only birth can make you an indispensable statistic.

Welcome to the forum. Are you at college? If so which one? Have you done any plumbing courses yet? Any work experience? Driving licence?

Welcome to the forum. Are you at college? If so which one? Have you done any plumbing courses yet? Any work experience? Driving licence?

Hi Masood :)

No previous experience or college courses under my belt yet- am starting completely from the bottom! Would be very willing to undertake any unpaid trial period or work experience though.

I have a college willing to take me on to do my apprenticeship called 'The Training Trust' but I need to secure an employer before I can begin attending classes.

& Yes I have a driving licence and a car.

having a good female plumber in the workforce is a very handy tool as the older generation feel safer with females and dont feel as though they are being fobbed off (of course all us reputable engineers would never do such a thing!!) but there is a huge trust issue with the older customers.

Hi there and welcome megan-hope your not scared of spiders as youll get to meet an awful lot of them plus rats,mice bats etc...but don't let that put you off all the best..brum.

having a good female plumber in the workforce is a very handy tool as the older generation feel safer with females and dont feel as though they are being fobbed off (of course all us reputable engineers would never do such a thing!!) but there is a huge trust issue with the older customers.

I always found older customers, the nicest, most honest, the least likey to use you as a credit service & most trusting.

surely the gender of you heating engineer doesnt make him/her more trustworthy?

Similar plumbing topics

Hello thanks for your post and joining the...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers ! I’m looking for a career in...
Replies
Views
Hi I’m looking for work with a plumber to work...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, my name's Loren, I'm 31 and I...
Replies
Views
Back