Ferolli 35c boiler keeps losing pressure and dripping from pipe, SEE PICS | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ferolli 35c boiler keeps losing pressure and dripping from pipe, SEE PICS in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mick

Hi guys,

I am not a central heating engineer by any means but I know there is something wrong. I'm about to call someone out but wondered if anyone could shed some light on this issue.

The pics shows a number of things..

1. The downpipe (overflow maybe) that comes from somewhere in the boiler seems to be leaking or has a stream of water coming from it. I left a childs sandcastle bucket under it over night and there was a good 1" of water in the bottom. What does that mean?

2. The filling loop seep's from the right side tap as the plastic handle has snapped off. The only way I can fill this up is using a spanner at the moment. Hoping this is not a major cost to replace or faff!

3. The display shows the pressure at 0.6 which I think is when it generates the F37 fault code. It doesn't take much filling to get the pressure back up so I'm flapping that its over full. Could the pressure sensor be on the blink or is it something else?

Over Christmas the pressure was dropping nearly everyday then I found a leaking radiator bleed valve so isolated that radiator and it was then lasting 4 days roughly.

Please help and better still if any of you boys are local to B32 in Birmingham let me know and you can come take a look.

Pics below

photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 3.jpgphoto 4.jpg

1. You need a new quick fill loop £20 + labour
2. It's probably your safety blow off / pressure relief valve that's dripping which is possibly a sign that your expansion vessel in your boiler is buggered.
3. Your boiler is just doing it's job and going to lockout on low pressure.

Turn your filling loop off mate. Silver hose, blue lever.

It is off, the photo does not show it well. But it is at 90 degrees.. Its been in this position for 7 years so hopefully its been the right one.

Cheers for reply.

1. You need a new quick fill loop £20 + labour How long is this going to take?
2. It's probably your safety blow off / pressure relief valve that's dripping which is possibly a sign that your expansion vessel in your boiler is buggered. Is this a massive expense and could a heating engineer check this and know if its knackered?
3. Your boiler is just doing it's job and going to lockout on low pressure.

1. Depends.
2. Depends on boiler and yes they will be able too.

a side note, if the prv has been dripping for a while that may also need replacing

1. Depends on if done of it's own or conjunction with no 2. if needed.
2. Hmm, it depends if the boiler has to come of the wall or not. If it has to i usually stick an additional one into the system to take care of the expansion.
3. Best to bite the bullet and wait and see what someone says :)

Thanks so much fellas..

Parts could with a bit of luck come to £100 roughly and then its the labour!

What you lads charge for a day rate? As thats what I reckon it will take no doubt

*grins*

I have the sinking feeling your going to complain about being over charged...

I'm an electrician so know how it works....

So you know the score with you supplying the materials and having no guarantee on them.
or installer supplying them and putting his mark up on them but getting the guarantee.

Because if he supplies them, that exp vessel will be more than the money you found it for on ebay :)

If you get it done for £100 with you supplying parts you've done very well. As said it depend on that expansion vessel :)

If you get it done for £100 with you supplying parts you've done very well. As said it depend on that expansion vessel :)

The parts weren't from ebay but I like many just dont like being ripped off.

Plumbers rates are very different to electricians...

Ive got a local ferolli man hopefully coming this week so we will see what happens.

Cheers for your help

Just been into garage to put some clothes in dryer.

Dont know why I did but was wondering if water was trapped in the plastic overflow pipe that runs to the drain.. Well, I unclipped it from the saddles on the wall and water ****ed out everywhere!

Could that have been the issue?

Just been into garage to put some clothes in dryer.

Dont know why I did but was wondering if water was trapped in the plastic overflow pipe that runs to the drain.. Well, I unclipped it from the saddles on the wall and water ****ed out everywhere!

Could that have been the issue?

No, that pipe is to carry away condensate so completely separate from your other problem. It should however not normally be full of water as it should always be running to the drain it may have a blockage. As your getting a Gsr in anyway get him to check it over and insure its not blocked. Is the plastic pipe insulated or is your garage heated?

You have a man who just works on ferolli ? Punishment enough. ? What was his crime???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Again, ongoing thanks. I'll have to get to my...
Replies
Views
I just had my heat engine/exchanger replaced...
Replies
Views
Rand G Thin
R
J
Defo call in a professional.
Replies
Views
J
Need to get that engineer sooner rather than...
Replies
Views
S
if the boiler has a filling loop check its...
Replies
Views
lame plumber
L
Back