Ferolli boiler leaking water from gas valve | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ferolli boiler leaking water from gas valve in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

T

Trevor Sherwood

I have a ferolli HE31C and it has developed a water leak that appears to be from a porous casing in the gas valve. I can not see where water even enters the gas valve as I presume the gas goes in the bottom and out of the top of the valve. To check this out I dried it off and put some sealant over the pourous part of the housing and sure enough the the leaking water turned white. There are no drips above the gas valve at all. It would be great if somebody could tell me if this is possible. I am talking about the valve that has a clear tube at the top which goes up towards the boiler. It is the gas valve on ebay, there are lots of them for sale

Sorry Trevor, we can't advise or encourage you to fix your own boiler. It's illegal for you to do so and invalidates your home insurance so we strongly advise you call a professional.

Sorry Trevor, we can't advise or encourage you to fix your own boiler. It's illegal for you to do so and invalidates your home insurance so we strongly advise you call a professional.
Funny really I've spent 17 years of my life repairing cars. as a Porsche mechanic and another 10 years on other makes, and all kinds of idiots work on their own cars and 15 years teaching youngsters at level 1,2, and 3 in this subject I would bet my life that more people of died as a result of working on their own cars than repairing their own boilers, but help is still freely available for people looking to repair their own cars, but plumbing oh no this can be dangerous, have you ever been under the bonnet of your own car!!!

I appreciate you may be competent but the problem is even if we could steer you towards the correct repair you don't have the knowledge or equipment to test said repair and that in itself could be dangerous. Btw, the gas valve is not on the water circuit.

Funny really I've spent 17 years of my life repairing cars. as a Porsche mechanic and another 10 years on other makes, and all kinds of idiots work on their own cars and 15 years teaching youngsters at level 1,2, and 3 in this subject I would bet my life that more people of died as a result of working on their own cars than repairing their own boilers, but help is still freely available for people looking to repair their own cars, but plumbing oh no this can be dangerous, have you ever been under the bonnet of your own car!!!
I know you must be frustrated, but as gmartine says you don’t have the equipment nor core knowledge of the gas regulations. If someone ran you through the process on line and your wife and kids died as a result of your lack of understanding. How would you feel ? Also no competent gas engineer would tell you to break the law. For the sake of your family if nothing else, get a registered engineer to check the boiler

Similar plumbing topics

It seems to be a case of having to watch and...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Fits back on flue on top of boiler
Replies
Views
T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I...
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
  • Boilers
  • Latest:
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
P
I have just had the same issue with the unit...
Replies
Views
N Nicho
N
Back