Ferolli Falcon 2 combi boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ferolli Falcon 2 combi boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

squeakyclean

Hi - Please could anyone advise me on the following problem...

I have a Ferolli Falcon 2 combi boiler which has been really reliable but had started to produce a loud 'rumbling/roaring' sound through the bolier and central heating system intermittantly. This only happens when the central heating and is on an is fine when supplying hot water.

The noise only occurs when the burner fires up and runs for a few seconds, then the noise occurs and the pressure gauge on the front (which usually sits at 2 bar with the boiler running) goes mad (needle flicks very erratically) whilst the noise occurs, this then cuts the burner out.

I have rebled the radiators but there is no air in the system.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

Dv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Fixter - Thanks for the reply.
Burner fires up and runs ok for 2 mins, then burner cuts out and pressure gauge goes very erratic.

Doesn t appear to lock out though as you can still use Hot Water ok. Appears to be just CH.

Thanks

check ev pipe for blockage check auto air vent is open

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys. I will look at these shortly. I have found this week whilst opening up all the rads fully and allowing the system to run for some time stops the noise completely. Does this give you any ideas as to what it might be?

Appreciate your advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
I would suggest you contact gas safe to report...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi I'm dealing with Vaillant Ecotec 824 R1 in...
Replies
Views
@woytaz thanks for the update. It's funny...
Replies
Views
The condensate pipe might be sharing the drain...
Replies
Views
Billy Boiler
B
Back