ferroil expansion vessel fault | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss ferroil expansion vessel fault in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mkflow

hi all, went to a call out other day problem with ferroil 24F combi boiler.
pressure had increase to 3 bar and water discharged out relief. took cover off boiler and customer said they had to put backet under boiler as was dripping. check boiler over and the expansion vessel had come away at the seems, split down side. customer says the for ages have been topping up system until the boiler went in to lookout.
replace expansion vessel, checked system over and check filling loop weren't letting by. I know the diaphram over time can split but the boiler is only about 4-5 years old
my question is what else can cause the diapharm the split? i was told by friend that if system is in poor nick this dont help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Seems to be wanting a cold fill pressure of 2...
Replies
Views
Gut feeling is PCB Time for someone...
Replies
Views
thank you, good tip, I will try
Replies
Views
Again, without an idea of system volume we're...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a...
Replies
Views
Back