ferroli 701 burner and poilot goes out | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss ferroli 701 burner and poilot goes out in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tony2

i have the above boiler and when i am using the hot water after the water has been flowing for a few minuets the burner and poilot goes out when i relight the poilot light and turn the hot water tap on the burner lights as normal then goes out again if i leave the water running for a few minuets
if i turn the water off before the burner goes out then it works as normal the water seems hotter then it used too as well

Try turning to a lower setting Tony ... If it keeps cutting out you need a GSEngineer take a look!:yesnod:

i have the above boiler and when i am using the hot water after the water has been flowing for a few minuets the burner and poilot goes out when i relight the poilot light and turn the hot water tap on the burner lights as normal then goes out again if i leave the water running for a few minuets
if i turn the water off before the burner goes out then it works as normal the water seems hotter then it used too as well
and when was it last serviced?

thank you for your replies
the boiler was last serviced about 7 months ago
what do you mean by using a lower setting as there doesnt seam to be any way of lowering the settings

thank you for your replies
the boiler was last serviced about 7 months ago
what do you mean by using a lower setting as there doesn't seam to be any way of lowering the settings

Really! Well then ya need a GSEngineer to find out why your boiler is tripping the fail safe and shutting everything off! Sounds pretty serious to me! Could be a multitude of sins Tony!

the boiler is 14 years old is it worth while getting it repaired or should i be looking at getting the thing replaced

the problem is with the 701 if i remember correctly it has a positve pressure case seal the cause of many a tragedy sadly,so that reason alone would be enough,its given 14 years so a replacement would be beneficial,just dont but another ferroli the new ones are tat changed one last week a optimax 31c 18 months old

Well I don't have the benefits of knowing your financial situation! your looking at 2K to replace possibly! but then 14 yers is a decent innings regards a combi! Could cost a couple hundred to repair I'd guess? Your choice ultimately yeh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Unfortunately the fitting of a new Venturi did...
Replies
Views
All sorted now and running better than ever...
Replies
Views
..Thanks, i am wondering if we can keep the...
Replies
Views
Probably your main stopcock is not fitted the...
Replies
Views
Another one for H2 panel. Have a look at...
Replies
Views
Back