Ferroli Boiler Help | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ferroli Boiler Help in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

ce0u30e8

Good evening,

I need advice on a ferroli optimax 25 OV 2v boiler. How long does it typically take for water to heat up using this boiler?

I have just moved in a a new property and we are unable to get hot water running.

Thanks

if no hot water at all, could be motorised valve failed and needs looking at

welcome to the forum.
do you get no hot water?
it will depend on the cylinder, size, coil type etc. 20min/40 min??
as you are new to the property take the opportunity to get someone out to have a look, there may be a simple fix or possibly an old system showing its age that requires more rigorous maintenance??

Thanks, it does seem to be a fairly old system but should be in full working order, probably just needs a good read of the user manual!

I would like to get someone out to have a look at the boiler/cylnder and system in general. Get some advice on whether its worth upgrading to a combi.

To be honest we have just been to visit the property, not fully moved in and had a play around with it for only 20 mins or so, had boiler running and hot water but nothing. Ive not been in a property before without a combo so i suspect some getting used to.

hi and welcome why not put a post here where you are [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]
then someone on here local can contact you to have a look for you

Ive read in the manual that the room temp should be controleld by a thermostat but Ive not seen any thermostats in the property, is the thermostat control ioptional as I cannot not see one anywhere in the property.

Im located in Liverpool. any heating engineers/plumbers in this area send me a private message with your details and I'll get back to you.

Thanks Again,

Last edited by a moderator:
yes it should really have a room stat for efficiency reasons, to turn off boiler when rooms up to temp. seen lots of installs without tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

What did you use for proving power at the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I would suggest you contact gas safe to report...
Replies
Views
Under the Energy Price Cap rates from 1...
Replies
Views
Np Simon. Hoping to get the boiler engineer...
Replies
Views
New flow sensor and we now have hot water.
Replies
Views
Back