Ferroli boiler water temperature | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ferroli boiler water temperature in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

paul39

Hi all,
I am probably going to answer my own question here but would just like to see if there are anymore options before i order a new part.
OK, I have a Ferroli F24B combi boiler and the problem over the past couple of weeks is that when hot water or heating is called for the boiler fires up ok and works normally, except that when the desired temperature is reached the boiler doesn't stop. It is finally stopped by the saftey thermistor and then everything runs cold for a couple of minutes until the boiler fires up again and the cycle is repeated.
I have checked the hot water senor and that seems ok as the temperature dispay is pretty much the same reading as i get with a thermometer.
Will i need to change the main PCB as it is not controlling the temp or is there something else that may be wrong.
thanks

You say this happens the same on heating also yeh? Are you GSR Paul?

hi,
Yeah this happens on heating aswell as water and no I'm not GSR I'm a time served industrial maintenance technican, this is my home boiler that i'm having probems with. All i have done at the minute is check the temp on the front display is similar to the temp of the copper water out pipe with a IR temp monitor and had a thorough read of the manual.
As a repacement PCB costs around £200 I was hoping for some advice before calling in a professonal

There are plenty other things to check before you even consider the PCB.... You'll need to get someone in though IMO :(

same problem here, hot water cycles on and off gets hot, then flame goes out and water runs cold. temp sensor on front lcd display is working, as temp goes up and down, and reads very low if clipped off the dhw pipe... any ideas anyone... ?

or has anyone determined the cause of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

B
No the installers need to come out
Replies
Views
new p.h. ex. that will be alot cheaper than a...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
I would suggest you contact gas safe to report...
Replies
Views
Suggest monitoring and timing exactly...
Replies
Views
Back