Ferroli domicompact f30d | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ferroli domicompact f30d in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hanns21

Hi, looking some advice. While servicing a ferroli domicompact f30d i noticed that the plastic blanking cap for twin flue outlet was took off! When i put it back on boiler wouldn't fire so i thought venturi needed replaced but this didnt cure the fault. So im thinking the fan has just aged and lost some power. Does anyone know if theres been a problem with the air pressure switch with this model (honeywell)? As it only has the one verturi connected from fan to aps. Also if it is safe to leave this blanking cap off as its only made of plastic and the boiler only works with it off and someone most have removed it! Its a twin flue running about 10 meters! Thanks

Id say you could have a problem with the flue or blocked heat exchanger etc you need to check the flue make sure heat exchanger is clean then take it from there.

Hi. Its twined flued in void and visual seems fine. How did you come to the conclussion of heat exchanger? Is this because it has to draw it air throught the camber first before flue?? Im wondering if theres a problem with the aps on this model as i was at a f30b before it and a newer ( white plastis aps ) was fitted. Also is it safe to leave the plastic blanking cap off at top of boiler so it works as someone before me has taken off to get the boiler working?

You worry me ! Part of the flue was removed on a room sealed appliance and u want to know if it's ok to leave it off? Did you cover combustion on your course?

Any ferolli boiler is a problem. Have you checked Venturi wasn't melted? With a long flue box will get pretty hot. I would check Venturi pressure against aps pressure rating. It's a riddor and ID for the blanking plate. are

Ive had ferroli engineer tell me to take the cap of to test if its a air flow problem( not on this boiler) i replaced the verturi but same problem, il try and find the aps rating for this boiler and test! My thinking with the cap was if this was dangerous why would if be made of plastic and just clips in with no seal are srews? Im talkin about the 90mm diameter cap on top of boiler not flue by the way

Also done a fga and room safety check and all was fine. Ive turned the boiler off untill i have mire info! But as i said this cap has been off for two are more years by now

The 90mm cap on top of the boiler is part of the combustion chamber . Think it's access port?

Was clean side of flue clean and dirty dirty?

The 90mm cap on top of the boiler is part of the combustion chamber . Think it's access port?

Was clean side of flue clean and dirty dirty?
your reply doesnt make sense ;). The cap is for air intake, either left are right connects at top of boiler! Aps only proves with the cap off! And i believe its been of since it was fitted! I hate faults were im unable to test components! If my memory serves me correct it would be verturi, fan slow are the wrong resistor fitted in flue! As soon as the caps on the aps doesnt make contact and boiler doesnt fire! Ive my local ferroli engineers number so hopefully he answers his phone tomorrow and shed some light as there technical are useless

The cap needs to be on. It's a room sealed appliance end of.

I asked if the air intake was clean . I.e no poc present less than 1ppm? The restricter rings go in the elbow?

sehaqusy.jpg

Sounds like flue might be too long!

im with erm if the air intake is clean or there's no other obstruction stopping complete combustion thier'd be no need to leave the cap off otherwise your just taking air from where the boiler is...

Hi. Its twined flued in void and visual seems fine. How did you come to the conclussion of heat exchanger? Is this because it has to draw it air throught the camber first before flue?? Im wondering if theres a problem with the aps on this model as i was at a f30b before it and a newer ( white plastis aps ) was fitted. Also is it safe to leave the plastic blanking cap off at top of boiler so it works as someone before me has taken off to get the boiler working?

Is that both air intake and flue outlet good visual inspection? If the boiler is working with he cap removed it proves that its an air flow fault if the heat exchanger is covered in crud then flue gases wont pass through it easy enough which means the fan wont have the power behind it. (Think of an extractor fan in a shower room, with no window it just makes a noise and doesent pull out steam with window open a crack it will pull out steam)

As for the cap thats a big no no remove it to test only it is part of the combustion chamber so it has to be refitted doesnt matter if the last bloke left it off

Hi, i got talking to ferroli tech but they just told me what i already thought! Said fan hasnt got enough power with age to prove the aps and needs renewed and to also change the tube to aps and make sure the restrictor is removed from the flue outlet.

cant remember which ferrolli it was, but they issued a tb saying vert flues were no longer to be used! as they couldnt clear the poc properly. However your first line of attack may well be to just remove the restricor ring and see how that then reads on the fga, that may be all that is required. but as said put that cover back on asap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Update, diagnosis correct, reconditioned board...
Replies
Views
Thank you for responding Chuck, I have booked...
Replies
Views
readings all check out on low rate(had them...
Replies
Views
Basically sounds like nothing was set in stone...
Replies
Views
Thanks Aquarius. The custard actually sent me...
Replies
Views
Back