Ferroli F30 Combi boiler not working after draining CH | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ferroli F30 Combi boiler not working after draining CH in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jw80

Hi,

I drained our CH system yesterday to install some new rads & valves upstairs (though I didn't manage to drain it all as there's a loop going downstairs that doesn't have a draincock on it). The hot water was fine in the evening but this morning there wasn't any
icon_sad.gif
Now, if you run the HW tap nothing happens, though if you leave the tap running and turn the boiler off and on again it briefly fires before turning itself off again. I've read that some combis won't give hot water with the CH drained but it looks to be on a completely separate system, plus I had hot water last night so I don't think that is the case.

I've tried refilling the CH system and turning on the heating and again, the boiler fires up briefly and then turns itself off after a few seconds. The low pressure light is blinking (even when the pressure was over 1 bar) and to be honest I think it's done that since we've been in the house (about a year) anyway and although I've occasionally topped the system up it's never been a problem.

We've got a Ferroli F30 boiler (manual's here -[DLMURL]http://www.aroundtownflats.com/manuals/Boilers/Ferroli/F30.pdf)[/DLMURL]which is probably about 8 years old.

Any advice/tips much appreciated - my wife wants me to call someone ASAP but I quite fancy giving it a go myself first (if safe!)

Cheers

Jamie

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
I don’t know your boiler but would expect it...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Back