Ferroli F30 Combi Boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ferroli F30 Combi Boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mike4369

I have to constantly repressurise the boiler on a daily basis. I fill to 1 bar and when the CH is on pressure rises to 2-2.5 bar but as soon as the CH goes off the pressure slowly drops till the guage shows 0, consequently the boiler won't fire up when required. I have checked for leaks and can't see any - considering the amount of water that has been filled to get pressure I would have expected to see some signs of damp/leak somewhere in the system but there is none. Anyone any ideas as to where the water/pressure is going?
Boiler has been regularly serviced and is 7 years old

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, Have you checked outside at your PRV blow off pipe ? This is the only place that has a open end in the seal circiut ! Or you have a bust pipe somewhere out of veiw !

check prv pipe outside,may have small leak on system,put some ls1 in.check expansion vessel

check prv pipe outside,may have small leak on system,put some ls1 in.check expansion vessel
Thanks all - will check prv for any water loss. Does exp vessel need to be pressurised -can't see any valve fitted or mention in the manual (my last Ferroli had a tyre valve fitted so you could pump air into the exp vessel).
Meanwhile will monitor the prv outlet pipe for water.

Does anyone have a part no for a prv for the F30 (fitted 2002) I have a list of spares but its not listed?? can't get onto the FERROLI site for some reason.
PS cant access your boiler manual page - keep getting error message - any reason??

Last edited by a moderator:
mike the vessel needs air in it and to do that you have to release pressure AND keep the valve open. If you're not Gas safe don't even attempt it. If the membrane in the vessel has split and water comes out the schrader it's knackered.. fit a remote on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I would bet that's a leaker Bottom of heat...
Replies
Views
Fits back on flue on top of boiler
Replies
Views
Again, ongoing thanks. I'll have to get to my...
Replies
Views
the op says no water in prv balloon so not prv...
Replies
Views
Back