Ferroli Modena 102 - Boiler Shut down | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ferroli Modena 102 - Boiler Shut down in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

J-Mitchell

I have moved into a house last Friday with the above boiler, had a plumber round to service it, he had the boiler running for both CH & DHW on Saturday intermitently for approx 30 secs it would then cut out. He went away and returned to change the water pressure switch last night. After changing this, the control panel now shows a red LED showing Boiler Shut Down Warning, and will not fire up at all. He left again last night saying it could be the PCB.....

The flow charts in the back of the manual both refer to the PCB and the Thermistors.

Does anyone have any ideas?

:confused:

had exactly the same problem. tell him too check the flame recognition. if it works nice cheap fix and parts are off the shelf

Could be the venturi in the fan they are crap on these boilers.

My money would be on the thermistors, change both not one, merchants even sell them in pairs, if you do not know how to test a thermistor you can connect them outside the boiler prior to draining if boiler stays on longer drain and replace both. Alway cheaper than a pcb and with the boilers age they could be due to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I don’t know your boiler but would expect it...
Replies
Views
I moved into a 14 year old house a few months...
Replies
Views
Thanks, I shall take a look in that case and...
Replies
Views
S
We seem to be getting an influx of have a go...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Back