Ferroli Modena boiler - hot water works but heating doesn't | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ferroli Modena boiler - hot water works but heating doesn't in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AussieAndrew

Hello, this is my first post on the site so I hope I have posted it in the correct category!

I had a Ferroli Modena 25C HE combi boiler fitted about three to four years ago and it has not been very reliable. The gas fitter (who incidentally has been struck off the gas fitter's register) chose what I later found out was the cheapest boiler he could find and most people seem to say they are rubbish. The only problems I have had was the boiler losing water pressure a few times but it was an easy remedy. However, I have now got a problem whereby the hot water works fine but the central heating will not operate. I have a Salus remote thermostat (which I was also told were a tad unreliable and I have had to replace it after two years) but this seems ok. When the thermostat signalled the heating to start, the boiler made a 'click' sound but does not turn on.

My problem is twofold: I would appreciate any advice on what could be causing the heating to not switch on so that I have a general idea of what to expect from the gas engineer, if I need one. Secondly, being forearmed with the information, hopefully I can undertake the difficult task of finding and getting a boiler engineer to actually turn up!

I hope I have not repeated a topic that is already covered but thank you in advance for your advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

My first thought when I heard this fault a...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
PH is 7.5. Chloride is 194. The last water...
Replies
Views
It's a sealed system so if its leaking from...
Replies
Views
T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I...
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
  • Boilers
  • Latest:
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
Back