ferroli optimax 25s Boiler wont ignite!!!! | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss ferroli optimax 25s Boiler wont ignite!!!! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

drew.boi

hello all,

I am a rgi with lpg but never do breakdowns but a friend called me yesterday that his boiler stopped working. The problem i have is with a lpg ferroli optimax 25s not lighting up when demand is called for. When demand is called the boiler goes through its process of igniting and gets to the sparking stage but doesnt light. There is gas present at the property and the inlet pressure is correct at 37 mbar. I have also shut off the gas stopcock with inlet pressure at 37 mbar and when goes to fire, the gas is taken from the manometer. I have also tested the coils on the gas valve for resistance and both came up with the correct readings (2.8k ohms and 1.6 k ohms). So that leads me to think its not the gas valve and something else but im just not sure what to check now.

Any advice be gratefully received!!

surely it has to be gas valve what else could be holding it off?
interested to know the answer

Had a similar problem last week with an lpg boiler. What is the pressure gauge reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

More than fine then in 11/5 tube should be...
Replies
Views
You'd have to have gas meter removed if you...
Replies
Views
Thanks John. Perfect. Much appreciated.
Replies
Views
Seen it all Gas meters without seals copper...
Replies
Views
Cheers guys. I need to start keeping a note...
Replies
Views
Back