Ferroli Optimax HE31C | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ferroli Optimax HE31C in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mckaymmc

I will try this again as previous thread was locked.

Firstly I am not looking for advice on how to modify or repair a boiler. I am looking for a considered opinion and the issues raised so I can make an informed decision about costs and the issues with the boiler.

I HAVE A GSR ENGINEER BOOKED FOR TUESDAY 9AM TO UNDERTAKE ANY WORK.

If this website is not to discuss plumbing and heating issues can some one point me in the direction of one that is.

I have a Ferroli Opitmax boiler, just over 3 years old, where the CH return is heating up but the CH flow isn't. The HW Flow and return are working fine. (I don't have to be GSR to check the manual and put my hand on some pipes below the boiler)

From review of others feedback I should be expecting the fault to be the Divertor valve. The cost for this unit seems to be £80 ish plus labour.

A Ferroli engineer charged me (via my letting agent) £270 for a call out in December. I was told this was for a leak, master reset and bleed the radiators. Speaking to the Tenant today it seems that the visit was for 15mins and inlcuded adjusting the electronic controls (master reset), tightening a loose air vent and bleed one radiator. The engineer advised the tenant that someone had messed on the setting (boiler was serviced and inspected 10 months previous) but refused to let the tenant watch his work and threaten to leave if they did not leave him to work without supervision. Obviously the tenant wanted the heating back on so had no choice bu t to comply.

The Ferroli website states £130 for a service call so I cant explain the difference in costs. I have yet to receive any kind of report from the letting agent of ferroli so it could be the letting agent is ripping me off.

Due to a cock up no warranty so registered (in laws lost the paperwork for a year) so no 5 year warranty.

What I want to know is,

Is it likely to be a divertor valve fault or something more serious. Could the PCB be corrupt?
What is the likely cost inc labour for the DV
I am asking for a magnaclean filter to be fitted and have been quote £175 is this a fair price. Obviously any p/w mods will affect the price.
Is a magna clean a good idea on a 3 year old boiler and 10 year old CH system?
Is there such a thing as a master reset and could a reputable service company really mess up the PCB settings?
Is it justified to ask someone to leave while you work?

I have flushed the radiators today and added system restorer. Next week I will be reflushing and adding system inhibitor. Via the radiator air vents.

Thanks for any positive contributions.

Please ensure all responses are with regards to the forum rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
Firstly, I would ask the agent for a copy of the invoice and see what the service person did exactly on the day in December.

For the amount charged, I would expect a detailed and itemised invoice.

Secondly,I would get the Service person to call you when they are in front of the boiler and explain to you what the problems are.

He should be able to work out what the problems are and a cost for repairs / rectifications in a short amount of time.

Oz - Plumber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

C
That's good to know - thank you
Replies
Views
Cabe F
C
New flow sensor and we now have hot water.
Replies
Views
What's wrong with the people who fitted it...
Replies
Views
Turned out to be a dirty flame eye inside the...
Replies
Views
I have a weird intermittent problem where my...
Replies
Views
Back