Ferroli warranty | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ferroli warranty in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

itspaul

Gas Engineer
I fitted a ferroli domicondense 26 for a landlord 19 months ago ( not my choice ) I was serviced at 12 months when I did the gas safety check. last week the tenant. Called ferroli as the boiler was showing a fault code. The engineer has been and says the boiler is beyond economical repair and want £ 1370 to fit a new boiler !!! The warranty is still valid till 11/14. Has anyone else had any experience of ferroli warranty ? Cheers

Ferroli are a bloody nightmare i learned my lesson with these boilers years ago,these boilers come dud from the factory and the after care is abismal,they will try anything to get out of staying loyal to their warranty promise avoid in future mate!!!!!!

ferrolli engineer I know is good and honest so something must have failed baldly to warrant a new boiler. Are you sure they didnt use a subbie to go out rather than a full time ferrolli employee, he might be pushing his own business not ferrollis!

Its maybe because its a ferolli . My appoligees paul but when asked to fit the ferrolli you shouldve done a usain bolt. Is there anyway u can look yourself (not touching as warranted) or even askin the engineer what the problem is as does sound a bit like british gas but strange its a newish boiler... good luck paul.... soz if warranted then cost to fix there product should be free under warranty ...

I would be on the phone to ferroli and saying if it is beyond economical repair then they best replace every part as it is still in warranty. (This is assuming the boiler is registered with gas safe and benchmark filled in otherwise they will just throw it back at you)

It does sound like you have had a subby out and is trying it on. If that is the case ferroli will not be happy about that.

Hi there yes it's all registered benchmark book all filled in and landlord has scanned benchmark book and gas safety cert to ferroli will see what they say now ....

I cant really see how they can get out of it, just keep chasing them. Let us know the outcome.

I fitted 31he , lasted 3 years , nothing but problems , ripped it out , landlord not happy ,

Has anyone ever heard anything possitive about ferroli ? they must be like ravenheat or are they any better nowadays

Whatever you do - do not get involved from here on in.

You obviously are upset by the 'Service Tech's' report and as long as he does't state 'installation fault' you are OK

Let the owner deal with the Manufacturer and the Service Tech.

The more you get involved from here on in will probably be to your detriment.

Has anyone ever heard anything possitive about ferroli ? they must be like ravenheat or are they any better nowadays

I have something positive about them. They keep the work coming in.

I have replaced 2x 2.5 year old ferrolis in a factory as they got fed up with the boiler 2 vaillants went in and never went back apart from the service.

I love a falcon that's been condemned due to Venturi burned off ... Thanks BG that's nearly 9000 boilers because u can't be bothered

Just a quick note to say that since they were emailed copies of the benchmark book and landlords cert they have now agreed it's not beyond economic repair and will repair it but were out of stock of the necessary part !! The saga continues.

funnily enough I have had to install ferrollis and discovered a lot of problems after install are down to peeps not reading the manual which can lead to an instant failure of the boiler to to a sudden influx of steam roasting the guts, since then Ive read the manual :), but in my case ferrolli were there the next morning, fixed it and its running fine 3 years on. All manufacturers can be made to look bad, as can installers and technicians, theres an old saying that rings true about workman, tools and blame that springs to mind :)

funnily enough I have had to install ferrollis and discovered a lot of problems after install are down to peeps not reading the manual which can lead to an instant failure of the boiler to to a sudden influx of steam roasting the guts, since then Ive read the manual :), but in my case ferrolli were there the next morning, fixed it and its running fine 3 years on. All manufacturers can be made to look bad, as can installers and technicians, theres an old saying that rings true about workman, tools and blame that springs to mind :)

Whilst i agree with with you for the majority, ferroli are undeniably crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

No they just do the address, thank goodness...
Replies
Views
Alpha 2/3 manual. Shows variant with air...
Replies
Views
P
Doesn't matter, mod will remove or close it.
Replies
Views
Again, ongoing thanks. I'll have to get to my...
Replies
Views
2021 and I have still got my trusty turbomax...
Replies
Views
Jiten bulsara
J
Back