Filling Loop Double Check Valve | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Filling Loop Double Check Valve in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

I’ve noticed on my old Bosch boiler the DCV on the filling loop is fitted to the boiler side of the water supply.

And there is no isolator valve fitted. The only thing stopping it from leaking is the DCV?

IS this ok?

It’s not the best, as the double check valve should be on the potable (drinking) water supply. Providing there is no issue with back flow, and the loop is removed, then it’s ok.

The filling loop is partly disconnected, it's still connected to the boiler side but not to the mains supply (so I don’t lose it!)

Would fitting another DCV on the mains supply after the isolation valve be worthwhile?

Last edited:

Similar plumbing topics

Flexible couplings everywhere? Perhaps thats...
Replies
Views
I've used a decent double check valve, two...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Why is it outside? It will freeze and the...
Replies
Views
Thank you, found it totally separate to the...
Replies
Views
1/2 tap flexi both ends eg loose nut both ends...
Replies
Views
Back