Filling loop on Baxi combi boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Filling loop on Baxi combi boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SQuicke

I've recently moved to a new house and noticed the pressure of the boiler was around 0.5bar. The boiler is a baxi 105 HE combi boiler. When I looked to fill it I noticed the filling loop was missing and even the 2 copper pipes which connect to the cold water in and heating return were not there. I found the filling kit online which was a baxi branded one for my boiler and attached the cold water copper pipe no problem. When I took the end cap off the heating return water sprayed out even with the valve on the pipe shut. The pipe which comes down from the boiler seems to be infront of the valve which means taking the end cap off will result in the central heating water emptying out all over the floor.

Is there any way around this problem or will I have to empty the system to put this pipe on and then refill it from empty? Hope i've been clear enough!

Welcome!

You'll have to empty it going by your description.

Thank you! It's my first house so I'll probably be around quite a bit with problems :) It's all a learning curve!

I suspected as much, oh well off to b&q to find some hose then. Thanks for the quick response

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have a flexicom.cx that hasn’t been...
Replies
Views
Oliver1234
O
put the boiler on low very low and leave it...
Replies
Views
System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
The two red valves with brass caps on eg the...
Replies
Views
Back