Filter on new system | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Filter on new system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoggy

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all imp pricing a central heating job and the house has storage heaters so it will be new everything, I was wondering with it being a new install would you still put the tf1/magna clean on?.
many thanks Martyn

Thanks,I thought maybe better to prepare for what's to come. There on a budget so was looking at maybe leaving it out.

Magna clean say to fit one, even on a new install as "prevention better than cure."
They would, wouldn't they? But guess it makes sense.

Hi Martyn, wouldn't have thought it necessary to fit magnetic/particle filter when whole system is brand spanking. You might convince your customer that it will stop any crud reaching the boiler should something corrode in the future.

Slightly off track, are you aware of A1 carbon solutions? Google them if not, free to join and you and your customer get paid for converting from electric or solid fuel to gas (including LPG) or oil. Only down side is boiler must come from Plumb Center, depending on your terms they may not be the cheapest.

Thanks jap, I have had a look at the carbon solutions site so I register for free on there site? Then as long as the home owner is on a form of benefits we can both claim? Is this something you do yourself? Unfortunately I get my boilers from plumb centre anyway, there a rip off for fittings and materials. Think it was £4 something plus vat for a 28mm t-piece today. They make the terms up but I have no where else to go.

The system is going to corode despite inhibiting so for extra protection a filter would be of benefit imho :)

No matter how clean you are when installing there will always be debris in the system, even after flushing. The filter will help capture most of the particals. In the future what happens if they drain a rad to decorate, are they going to ring you to re inhibit the system ? I think not.

i wouldnt fit a filter on a new system unless the customer specificly asked for one other wise youd never get the job just cleanse and inhibit as per manufacturers instructions
ive yet to see fitting a filter in any M I's

Thanks jap, I have had a look at the carbon solutions site so I register for free on there site? Then as long as the home owner is on a form of benefits we can both claim? Is this something you do yourself?

I registered through the post but I assume you can do it online.

Carried out several upgrades, you let A1 know beforehand. On completion you both sign the form they have issued. You get a cheque for £100, customer gets a cheque fo whatever the going rate (different depending on what fuel is being replaced).

Have never been asked about benefits, don't think it matters. Biggest pay out is for solid fuel to gas, doesn't matter if the customer is receiving benefits or not.

I'll get boiler and flue from Plumbs, but source everything else from local merchant or online if time permits.

Cheers for the reply, I'm in the middle of an electric to gas install at the min bought from plumb, is it to late? What info do they ask for each time is it proof of purchase or do plum centre notify the carbon solution people?

i wouldnt fit a filter on a new system unless the customer specificly asked for one other wise youd never get the job just cleanse and inhibit as per manufacturers instructions
ive yet to see fitting a filter in any M I's

Atag recommend one

The boiler is NOT equipped with a built-in internal filter.
Advice: ATAG Heating UK Ltd recommend the installation of an in-line filter
installed into the heating return as close to the boiler as possible. ATAG Heating
UK Ltd recommend the use of either:
Adey Magnaclean filters
or
Fernox TF1.

I would advise fitting the filter but instead of putting it in the quote, just add it as an extra if they want it. Then its up to you to talk them into having it.

You apply for a voucher (once registered) letting them know installers details, customers details, plumbcenter branch and what your fitting.

Once you get voucher it's valid for 2 months, get plumbs to sign it when you pick up boiler. You and customer sign relevant parts when job done.

For some reason I keep receiving both cheques, customers v chuffed when I knock on door and hand it over, first one was £500 it's gone up recently. There are priority groups listed on the forms, but haven't carried out installation for any.

Dont think you can claim retrospectively.

Thanks, it says they may come inspect the property has this happened with you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks All. After much persuasion the...
Replies
Views
Yep, that's what I meant (as per attached...
Replies
Views
  • Question
This might be of interest...
Replies
Views
It doesn't matter what plumbing you have...
Replies
Views
Thanks for your response, they're dreyton...
Replies
Views
Back