Finding a new cistern to fit my close coupled toilet | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Finding a new cistern to fit my close coupled toilet in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi - I have an old (maybe 45 year old) Twyfords Close Coupled toilet. The cistern has cracked, and I'd like to replace just the cistern. I'm struggling to find anything described as a close coupled cistern which doesn't have the bolt holes. I was hoping to find one with no bolt holes and just use the metal mounting plate for the bolts - e.g. part number CF8100XX. Any ideas where I can find such a cistern? Or can I use any cistern even a low level one? Anything else I need to be aware of?

Thanks.

The extra bolt holes don't really matter just put bolts in up side down to seal holes off.
Try to get a cistern with same center to back measurement.
Having said that I would just change the whole dam thing only way it will ever look anything.

You would have extreme trouble finding a cistern to match a 10 year old pan let alone a 45 year old pan.

How bad is the crack? Hair line crack or a descent crack.

Similar plumbing topics

P
“Our builder” - I found your problem. I...
Replies
Views
Hve you tried pulling the large chrome part...
Replies
Views
You may also find pushing the button sharply...
Replies
Views
B
Sometimes you have to think outside the box...
Replies
Views
Will be the fill valve but sometimes it’s...
Replies
Views
Back