Finding an apprenticeship (lancashire) | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Finding an apprenticeship (lancashire) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Liamsmith

Hi my names liam
new around here

iam 17 from bolton
ive been looking for a apprenticeship for a year n a half now
and had no look and just about to finish my second year at college doing plumbing
hoping to find a apprenticeship before i finish in june

is there any hints and tips i could take or recommendations to help me get an apprenticeship?
Ive tried nearly everything

thanks to all who helps

contact the big boys, small local businesses are unable to take on the commitment at the moment with the industry/economy in the doldrums.
search for forest on dodd lane westhoughton, or try british gas/dynorod etc. thats your best bet really

Its hard for people to take on apprentice's now, unless it's a personal thing ie son, relative or friend etc many small one/two man businesses cannot afford an apprentice, especially as work can be season related, I could easily keep an apprentice busy in winter but in summer when I'm sitting waiting for the phone to ring what do I do with one then?

Years ago whilst a company Boss I employed 6 only to knock this down to one as most left to other companies or became self employed when out their time so I had sponsored them and trained them to get no benefit or earning from them.

As above I agree you need to seek out the big boys, try the local authorities, speak to the training centers, go to the Parts Control, Grahams etc ask the counter guys for advise, you need to sell yourself.

Best of luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Wow thanks for posting. And thanks for posting...
Replies
Views
My name is Chanel i’m 19 years old i’ve just...
Replies
Views
Hello thanks for your post and joining the...
Replies
Views
Thanks a bunch mate that's really useful. I'll...
Replies
Views
Back