Finding more work | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Finding more work in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

shyguy2005

Gas Engineer
Hello all!

Been self-employed now for 6 years but work seems at its quietest at the moment. Is it just me?!?!?

Was as looking at trying one of these Mybuilder, checkatrader etc websites. Or should I be better looking at google adwords?

any help would be great.

thanks

always quietens down a bit near xmas,, try trading standards buy with confidence scheme
a few local councils use people off there for work

If you must, forget Googles Adwords and go for Mybuilder Check a trade etc. If you're short of work, outfits like MyBuilder etc will be best as most established outfits are busy now and jobs on sites of these outfits will not have many takers.
Good luck buddy.

BTW, I notice you've been registered since 2010, why only 10 posts? I need to ask croppie why he reminds me every week that I need to post but he leaves you alone?????

Quiet, no :)
My builder, no.
Checkatrade is mixed, have a search on the forum.
Google adwords, no idea.

Welcome along :)

Never knew you had to post a minimum amount ?!?!

Ok ok cheers will look into Mybuilder then.

Was thinking of ringing round estate agencies to see if they need a plumber. Thoughts or heads up?

I will avoid estate agents. They will try to get you to do the job for as little as possible?
Try MyBuilder. It's a busy time of year, so most jobs on there will have no takers which gives you a chance.

That`s only for the gas forum if you do gas and have a badge.

General impression I get is to make sure you are clear with your terms & conditions when dealing with the agencies.

Who are moderators? Will defo join the gas forum.

im in the Cheshire area

They ate some Power Wielding Agents policing this site to ensure the likes of myself tow the line and observe the rules. Without them, Anarchy will rule. Just so you know, there is one called croppie. You better watch out for him. I've been told he asks new recruits to bend down? If he asks you to bend down, start running:)

If you must, forget Googles Adwords and go for Mybuilder Check a trade etc. If you're short of work, outfits like MyBuilder etc will be best as most established outfits are busy now and jobs on sites of these outfits will not have many takers.
Good luck buddy.

BTW, I notice you've been registered since 2010, why only 10 posts? I need to ask croppie why he reminds me every week that I need to post but he leaves you alone?????
Post wise his name might give it away!:teeth_smile:

They ate some Power Wielding Agents policing this site to ensure the likes of myself tow the line and observe the rules. Without them, Anarchy will rule. Just so you know, there is one called croppie. You better watch out for him. I've been told he asks new recruits to bend down? If he asks you to bend down, start running:)
Don't worry! He only asks you to bend down so he can look you in the eye!

Send a letter to every estate agent in your area. I did that and got on with two local estate agents. They ve been brilliant. Give me loads of work at good rates. My invoices are paid out of the next lot of rent that comes in, empty properties or sales properties I bill landlord direct. I use the gas checker app for all certificates and invoices to them. So it's all emailed, they can read it and find them easily. They love that.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I've just started out studying NVQ...
Replies
Views
Id say recal at that price....as soon as it...
Replies
Views
Hello Alex, I am a self employed engineer and...
Replies
Views
Neil Ambrose
N
  • Question
Hello Sergiu I would use it, but it's hard to...
Replies
Views
A
Small family business based in Kent, looking...
Replies
Views
Back