Finding Work | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Finding Work in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

O

oldlonder

hey guys,
i'm a 50 year old plumber and have been working with a builder for the past 30 years. now he has retired i'm finding it hard to find work and have been using all the usual sites such as gumtree, freeindex my wife has done some research online and it would seem that this guy would be the best option for me. slideshare dot net forwardslash bmandcoweb it looks to me that this designer has done a good job for a manchester plumbing firm.

when the wife contact them they said they charge 3k for the website and starting up and after that they want 1.5k per month to get to page one for different london based plumbing keywords there is 25 in total is there anywhere i can find that type of marketing for cheaper or do this type of facebook and tweeter thing myself?

what are you boys up to with this marketing stuff

Whatever fills your boots but personally thinking you'd be off your head to go with anything at those prices but i suppose you have to try to sell your wares somewhere :wink:

4.5K and no guarantee of work ! I think you need to see someone, other routes to try B4 you lay out that sort of cash, Pimlico Plumbers have been advertising for plumbers have you tried them ??

they seemed to have got work for the pgl guys and looking at their website they seem to had got work on the 1 day of the campaign going online.

the wife is better at understanding all this modern rubbish. looking at the pgl website and looking at the company website they seem to know what they are doing. i dont mind spending money if it sees a return i mean if you had to spend money on rated people and the other websites i think i could do better on my own like they have been doing and save money in long term just need peoples opinions.

so you say no

www dot bmandcoweb dot co dot uk/social-media-marketing.php

That is the link. I've spoken with the head of the agency and they sound professional and have worked with four other plumbers in Devon, Manchester, London. Two in Manchester in fact, John doesn't mind spending money which is why I've been helping him and £3,000 isn't enough to retire on.

There is also a page on their client page discussing the work that they've done with their plumber.
Margaret

www dot bmandcoweb dot co dot uk/social-media-marketing.php

That is the link. I've spoken with the head of the agency and they sound professional and have worked with four other plumbers in Devon, Manchester, London. Two in Manchester in fact, John doesn't mind spending money which is why I've been helping him and £3,000 isn't enough to retire on.

There is also a page on their client page discussing the work that they've done with their plumber.
Margaret
Hello Margaret, 4 plumbers doesn't seem a lot ! have you been in contact with any of them to ask how they are doing ? They may sound professional , but so do most people running scams, your husband as been fortunate and been with the same builder for quite a few years, but you both seem to be out of touch with what has been happening in the plumbing world ! Please don't part with any money until you have done some more research.

They are trying to sell you something so they sound professional and they make it sound good for you.
Phone your local paper and they will make it sound like advertising there is the best thing.
I would not be paying out £3K + on advertising before getting established.
Some local paper ad and leaflet drops - that you deliver your self. Cards in windows. Knocking on door approaching oher builders, net working with every one who might be able to give leads on work - will be more effective and cheaper.

If you've got a few grand to spend you need that on other start up costs like uniform, van signwriting, stationary, any new tools....

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Josh, Hope you don't mind me asking but...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I forgot to say. All our radiator thermostats...
Replies
Views
Working at a flow temp of 30 ? As a dt of 30...
Replies
Views
R
Thanks mate. Yeah I understand about the...
Replies
Views
RDS89
R
B
Thanks.. Yeah after writing that I done abit...
Replies
Views
Biggal5
B
Back