Fire and cooker registration | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Fire and cooker registration in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoggy

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all got to fit a fire for a lady who took it out to replace it for electric, bad chest or something anyway it's a housing association and she's moving so it has to be put back as it was, I don't think it needs registering to gase safe as it probably was in the first place about ten years ago. So I was going to service it and fit and commission just wandered if anyone had any thoughts.
Also moving there cooker to new home, would you change the bayonet for safety sake or inspect and leave, also does this need registering as its new address? Many thanks Martyn.

Martin

You will find the answer to your questions here which may surprise you
[DLMURL]https://engineers.User PlumbersForums.net Instead - Copy the content, don't link to it.co.uk/Login.aspx[/DLMURL]

except for the question of the bayonet where you need to use engineering judgement.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was taught bayonets were only meant to be temporary disconnect

not sure if everyone will agree, seems to be another grey area

Not really that grey.

See,Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations. Regulation 6(3)
Guidance, makes it clear that bayonet fitting does not need to be
capped off.

100% with you on this!

Not really that grey.

See,Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations. Regulation 6(3)
Guidance, makes it clear that bayonet fitting does not need to be
capped off.
We all know the GSIUR are not perfect and changes should be made on multiple points. Sometimes a bit of common sense and experience should be used in your judgement and not "that's what it says in the GSIUR so that's excactly what I done."

I can only speak from experience, but I have been to many bayonets that have been leaking, some left dormant for many years and so in my opinion they should always be capped off if the cooker is removed.
As ambrosia I benefited from a good teacher with years of working experience when I first carried out my ACS who also informed me the bayonet will more than likely leak at some point and should always be capped if cooker removed.

It is poor practice not to!

Cheers so would you cut the back plate of and put a compression cap end on the cooker point.
Of the pipe work

Cheers so would you cut the back plate of and put a compression cap end on the cooker point.
Of the pipe work

No, just put a 1/2" plug in to the back-plate using gas paste.

No, just put a 1/2" plug in to the back-plate using gas paste.

My local council do this. Prob to stop DIY cooker installs. Im inclined to do the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

No they just do the address, thank goodness...
Replies
Views
if your local and can help pm the op
Replies
Views
There's nothing wrong with external boilers...
Replies
Views
I suppose the other question I forgot to ask...
Replies
Views
Is the gas pipe magnetic?
Replies
Views
Back