Fire Tube | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Fire Tube in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I have a job in my diary tomorrow to fit a new 8mm fire tube..

Errr... ???

It's for a gas fire apparently...

So.. Where are these situated and what exactly do they do?

Sorry, I must sound dumb! I googled it but it just comes up with fire tube boilers...

8mm gas pipe for a fire Could it be ??

Is that it? I thought it was just called 8mm copper which is generally fully annealed and bendy... :/

I would say yes 8mm fire tube aka 8mm gas pipe for fire

Oh dear.. Isn't 8mm copper just 8mm copper??? Or is it specifically for gas fires?

Well yes but normally if on show its in chrome with a pre soldered male iron on the end (into the restrictor)

Bendy? Might snap more like! Not had a good one in ages! Where are you picking one up from for the job?

Bendy? Might snap more like! Not had a good one in ages! Where are you picking one up from for the job?

Haven't snapped one in a while but went through a batch of them breaking even on sets turned out copper was overheated in making them

Any recommendation on a 8mm bender?

So the cheap benders I got flattened the pipe - ended up doing it by hand which was much easier - could only get copper too [emoji1360]

32ba34a51088cf436ce90f11b05aaab7.jpg

Have a look at an 8mm external bending spring .....regards Turnpin:smile5:

Have a look at an 8mm external bending spring .....regards Turnpin:smile5:

Now he tells me :p doubt I'll touch 8mm again for a while but I'll take a shot at the spring if I do ... On a lighter note I've caught a stomach bug and can't hold anything down for more than 5 mins ... Whoop!!! :/

i got this one and works perfect

http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/mini-t...tracking url&gclid=CMCo1Ongy84CFQtAGwodLOgFMA

any make on yours jay?

i got this one and works perfect

http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/mini-t...tracking url&gclid=CMCo1Ongy84CFQtAGwodLOgFMA

any make on yours jay?

That's the one I bought today.. Soon as you start bending it just flattens it so took it back

External bending spring would do most of jobs well.
I also have a Monument mini bender for 6,8, or 10mm (looks same as one in the Screwfix link) and I find it bends the pipe leaving the bends flat. Think it could do with being a tighter fit on the pipes

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
If you use the search box at the top right of...
Replies
Views
  • Question
That seems insane that different towns/cities...
Replies
Views
You'd have to have gas meter removed if you...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Let them supply and fit , then it’s their...
Replies
Views
Back