Firebird Boiler and Reillo Burner | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Firebird Boiler and Reillo Burner in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

eddie123

I have the following fitted in the last few months,

RDB 2.2 Burner with a firebird boiler,

CPO026RDB

Sometimes on the left hand side where the fan is smoke/steam appears to come out, do you know the cause!

Or is there any reason I should be concern of any possible damage!

Thanks for your help!

Don't know the couse but it should not be happening suggest you get your plumber to take a look as it don't sound good

Hi,that was quick, I have had the plumber around but hard to pin it down,

Burner works, and when it switches off, I have noticed steam coming from the side where the vents are? I will watch it.

Burner would be on for around 20-25 mins, cuts out then back for 10 mins etc. When I switch it off at the wall socket and look back then I see the steam, but when on no steam coing out, my first thought was the fan or bearings faulty, and this is a NEW BURNER AND BOILER!

Thanks

Is it every time you switch it off or only if windy or wind blowing in particular direction. Is the condensate trap running ok

Maybe 2-3 times it would happen, good point on the wind, condensate trap has been rerouted, I thought that might be it, plumber was ou and changed that!

The steam comes from the vents on the side of the burner when its turned off, flue goes up around 2m and out at right angles through the wall!

Do you think it could be wind blowing from outside pushing the remainder of the steam in the boiler back trhough the unit when the fan stops?

Eddie, get yourself a local OFTEC guy out to check the baffle positioning and to FGA the flue gasses.

Whereabouts are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

All sorted now and running better than ever...
Replies
Views
Np Simon. Hoping to get the boiler engineer...
Replies
Views
Did you ever get an answer to your problem? We...
Replies
Views
Hi. I've taken a break from all the sites I...
Replies
Views
Coil.......................................plus...
Replies
Views
Back