Firebird boilers -leaking | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Firebird boilers -leaking in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHPES

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Does anyone experience problems with these? Over the last year I have been called out to about 6 leaking Firebird boilers and 3 leaking Warmflow boilers and one leaking (old) Trianco boiler, with 3 of the Firebirds in the last month? I find evidence of leaks in several places. Usually seems to be the connections onto the boiler water jacket, the ball type pump valves and the connections to the plate heat exchanger.

Yes, all in the same places you mention. Also with grants on the filling loop where it connects into boiler and new he worcester combis on the new style flow switches. On the worcesters now at a service I check the nuts on the flow switch.

Yes I agrre Firebird and grant boilers seem to have the same problem with the plate heat exchanger, also the filling loop valves always leak from the on/off lever, I have to replace these for a pastime, I use ordinary ones off a filling loop that seem to last longer.
Firebird have re designed the washers for the plate heat exchanger, they are top hat type and I have not had a problem with these, they are better than the fibre washers. I have to go out to a grant combi I installed less than a year ago with leaking washers on the heat exchanger. Not very good, I never reccommend any combis just unvented and ordinary boiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I...
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
  • Boilers
  • Latest:
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
Np Simon. Hoping to get the boiler engineer...
Replies
Views
I have a baxi neta tec combi ga24, if it was a...
Replies
Views
Thank you. I will give it a turn later on and...
Replies
Views
Back