Firebird Combi boiler problems | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Firebird Combi boiler problems in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

farmer.palmer

Hello

I have a Firebird Combi Enviromx Slimline C26 boiler (don't laugh). Its less than 18 months old & professionally installed and been working fine until very recently. Now the hot water seeems to be very intermittent. Most of the time its fine but occasionaly it never gets above luke warm. When this happens you can hear the boiler ignite then instantly shut down again and it keep doing this every few seconds.

The pressure is fine. The oil flow is fine. No trip outs or resets, ever. No leaks.

What do I try next?

Thanks in advance
James

Sounds like you have a sooty photocell a common problem with these. Remove photocell and clean the end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is THAT all it is? If that was my job, I'd have checked it but wasn't confident of suggesting it here!!

I should be bolder!

It sounds like a blocked plate heat exchanger to me

Last edited by a moderator:
Go for the easiest first , done loads like it , firebird is just down the road from me so I have a lot on my patch.never yet come across a blocked heat exchange that gives intermittent hot water, its usually not as hot as it usually is.

Sounds like you have a sooty photocell a common problem with these. Remove photocell and clean the end.

Brilliant!
I took out the photocell. It was covered in a layer of thick black soot. Cleaned it off, popped it back in. Took 2 mins max.
Lets see if this works!?
Thanks
James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
Hi mundungus How did your boiler problem get...
Replies
Views
schubes18
S
Its a heat store combi so as long as its...
Replies
Views
Did you ever get an answer to your problem? We...
Replies
Views
Back