Firebird combi oil fired boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Firebird combi oil fired boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Downtown

I was called out to look at a problem on one of these today and i am stumped. When the hot water switch is turned on the burner fires up and heats the rads and hot water.
Both the pumps on it work accordingly so i have no idea what this could be as there is no three way valve or anything on these from what i can see. Just 2 flows and a common return.
Anybody any ideas?

You dont say what combi it is, need more info on model etc but it sounds like a check valve is stuck open.the check valves can either be on the pump or where the t piece is at the top of the boiler. The pump check valves are plastic and easy to fit, the ones on the flow pipe can be a real pig as they are in brass and I believe from memory there are two types. Nothing new with a two pump system better than a diverter valve and more reliable in my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks much appreciated , yes those isolation...
Replies
Views
External hounsfield heat only. If you really...
Replies
Views
Will try to upload pic again
Replies
Views
Yes everything worked fine before. Is there a...
Replies
Views
Back