Firebird external oil boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Firebird external oil boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nostrum

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I have a customer that is set on a firebird external oil boiler. I have no experience with these and have been trying to sway them towards a grant or Worcester equivalent.

Anyone have any opinions on the quality of them, looks like a riello rdb burner?

Cheers in advance

Is it heat only or a combi? Why are they set on Firebird?

To be honest if they are set then just go with it. After all customer always knows best :)

Not sure why, price I should imagine. It's the external combi they need.

I've no real issue fittng it as I won't supply it, but would like to advise prior to make sure they can make a decision based on the best advise possible.

Whats the verdict on the boiler?

thanks in advance

Last firebird I fitted was a standard efficiency combi. Seemed allright but ive never been back to it.

Dont like the customer supplying the boiler.

I have said I won't supply a firebird so have given a price for install only.

Not really any odds for me in this situation.

At least it gets you a look at the firebird with no hassle :)

9/10 its not the boiler thats the issue it is down to poor installation, be they gas or oil. Firebirds did have issues with the condensate drains snapping and leaking everywhere, but that was cured simply enough, I service a few and they are absolute beggars to work on, so best forward them my number :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

External hounsfield heat only. If you really...
Replies
Views
And just where can you see oil squirting from...
Replies
Views
Thanks much appreciated , yes those isolation...
Replies
Views
Yes your oil guy needs to change the flue. No...
Replies
Views
Back