Firebird oil boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Firebird oil boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

doug

Hi again guys. I've been called out to a firebird enviromax floor standing boiler. 26kw
It's only three months old the manufactures don't want to know neither does the installer.
The Condense is not frozen the filters are all clean and oil freely flows at th boiler. I have bled the pump.
The boiler really tries hard tO fire but won't. any
ideas please

Has this happened only recently? Could it be the cold weather? I'm wondering if water has got into the oil line and frozen it. Not common but by no means impossible. You could try putting a really hot wet towel on the oil line before it goes into the house.

I've emptied both the filters and drawn off a litre of nice clean oil

Firstly is it running on gas oil or Kerosene? These cold temperatures the last few days could have caused gas oil to start waxing.

Has it been working fine up to now?

Is it a one or two pipe system (i.e. check the Tigerloop for ice)

Is the pump pressure fluctuating as it runs?

As well as emptying the filters, did you change the paper elements as water could have got onto them and frozen?

Check if it's the supply - try running it with the flexi hose dipped into a carton of fresh fuel taken from another source.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

External hounsfield heat only. If you really...
Replies
Views
On finding the instructions for this, attached...
Replies
Views
Yes your oil guy needs to change the flue. No...
Replies
Views
Hi mundungus How did your boiler problem get...
Replies
Views
schubes18
S
Back