Firebird riello rdb burner | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Firebird riello rdb burner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Inverness

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
My burner keeps cutting out it will run for maybe an hour or longer then cuts out but when you hit the reset button it starts again and runs no problem for another period of time.
I can hear a slight crunchy sound possibly coming from the oil pump..

A few days ago there was a high pitch whining noise coming from the boiler. I have never changed a riello control box before. I have a old riello spare burner I can swap over the control box?

Simple as this, - turn oil off, remove oil pump and then refit burner and turn it on and off for a few seconds while listening carefully.
If you hear any roughness, the motor bearing are gone and need replaced.

If not, then oil pump is probably worn inside and if you really wanted to verify that, the pump can be taken apart to view the gears and drive pin.

How old is the pump? 8 or 10 year old very likely worn

Could be anything as Best has said above. Intermittent lockouts like that would prompt me to check capacitor rating (anything below 70% of original value I was told to replace as can cause this problem) check for tight spot on pump and wether motor bearings are starting to stick. A fan could be too close to fan housing causing a tight spot but unless has been touched I wouldn’t of thought? Control box could be the answer as could a couple other things but really I would want to be at the burner when it goes to lock out to see/hear exactly what’s happening.

Similar plumbing topics

And just where can you see oil squirting from...
Replies
Views
Thanks everybody for your advise. Will call...
Replies
Views
All sorted now and running better than ever...
Replies
Views
Yes, that about the size of it, my 17 year old...
Replies
Views
As Grant registered installer's I can give a...
Replies
Views
Back