First Home - Downstairs Bathroom | Air Sourced Heat Pumps | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss First Home - Downstairs Bathroom in the Air Sourced Heat Pumps area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

We are planning to install a new bathroom downstairs in a 3 bed house with an existing bathroom upstairs.

The new bathroom will be installed in the opposite corner of the house, 8 meters away from existing bathroom, soil pipe and vent stack which goes to the roof.

We have suspended floor 40cms deep which should give enough slope for the toilet waste pipe to be connected to the soil pipe.

Our question is in regards to the vent, do we need to install a new vent stack to the roof for the new toilet?

Thank you

Be very careful what you are doing it must comply with building regulations you may need apply for permission to do this save yourself alot of grief and expence and check before you start thats my advice . cheers kop

Hey Dani, you will get the same answers here as the other forum however stick to this forum as SimonG is the first to raise that point isn`t he plus the other forums can get a touch bitchy. Guarantee you people here have done it and got the T-shirt.

I'm reading "Building Standards technical handbook 2017: domestic" (SCOTLAND) It says I don't need planning permission.

0.5 Buildings work, services, fittings and equipment not requiring a warrant Regulation 5
0.5.1 Explanation
an en-suite bathroom or shower room (including associated drainage)

8m is to long in my opion internally , I would say install another soil stack at that end of the house its much better to run separate drainage externally underground but your its choice. Cheers kop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I can't see why it would be a problem, it's a...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
When you flush the toilet, do you hear any...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Before doing this, check the level in the cold...
Replies
Views
If you have the spare funds go ahead as it...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Not if you’re joining up with the old one. I...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back