First Radiator Job | General Plumbing Jobs Discussion | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss First Radiator Job in the General Plumbing Jobs Discussion area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Hung + piped up about 9 or 10 with guys I work with but not done any on my own. And watched + helped draining CH systems and filling back up but again, never done on my own.

Got a job to quote this week. Swap a rad for a towel rad and move the original one upstairs to room above (where there isn't one) and run pipes up to it. Think they've got a combi.

Havn't seen it yet so am thinking of things to look for. Can you comment on/add to these:

1) Make note of position of current rad brackets to see if screw holes can be hidden by new towel rad which I expect will be narrower.

2) Look at whether running pipes up to new rad is best way to connect it up or whether it can be branched off another rad in a room next to it rather than below.

3.) Look at flooring in top room for how easy/problematic it may be to drill though / lift up.

4.) Look at wall in top room for how easy it will be to hang a rad on. Measure spaces.

And I have some questions:

a) Can you tee-off a rad and run pipes directly upwards to a room above and expect it to get hot?

b) How critical is it to know where the routes and loops go for the heating pipes in working out how viable a new rad is or can you more or less bung one anywhere and connect it up as long as you balance?

c) When it's all connected and I fill it back from filling loop...is it 1.2 bar pressure for hot or cold? Can't remember.

d) If it doesn't warm up or struggles would balancing just involve turning down all the other rads until it heats up and then gradually turning them back up to where they were? That doesn't sound right but I'm not sure what else you can do...

e) How much would you charge and how long would you expect to take?

Last edited:
Hi. A few of the questions you ask, should be leveled at the client. Their view on pipe runs and exposed pipework must be taken on board, in order to meet their expectations and you getting paid. Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Since it became normal for trv's to be bi...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Will be a 15-60 then prob ups2 Green lights ?
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Depending on what size/type your existing rad...
Replies
Views
It is set to that, max output, CC3 at 6.5M...
Replies
Views
Back