fisher basin fixings | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss fisher basin fixings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

itcanbesoeasy

Just interested how many plumbers use fisher basin fixings and why ?

I have been using these alot over the past 3.5 years fitting ideal standard and roca sanitary. A must if you are using semi peds.
I personally do not like the plugs that come with the fischer fixings, as when then sit in the wall it can make the bolt go at an angle, whoever the ones that come with roca sanitary, they do not split but gather up behind what you are fixing.

Is the question - Why use the brand type Fisher, or is it, - Why use bolt fixings on basins?
I use whatever fixings the merchant sells, but often they are Fisher.
And I prefer to use them on basins as they are much stronger, especially for a very large basin, than just using a couple of screws on the bottom corner lugs of some basins. Also better because the bolts position in wall remains same if wall is to be tiled later or not.

I use them pretty much every time I hang a basin, my little tip for winding them into either a plug or a wooden noggin/ply I place them in my drills chuck and use the drill to screw them in, make sure the chuck is nice and tight so they don't slip but it makes life so much easier and you look like a pro when you do it and when people are watching their like WTF :D

I use them pretty much every time I hang a basin, my little tip for winding them into either a plug or a wooden noggin/ply I place them in my drills chuck and use the drill to screw them in, make sure the chuck is nice and tight so they don't slip but it makes life so much easier and you look like a pro when you do it and when people are watching their like WTF :D

Gripping the threads in the chuck?
I have screwed some of them in by using 2 metal nuts locked together on the threads to use as a means to turn the whole bolt into wall.
It is handy on the bolts with torx ends to use drill

Yeah like if you're putting a bit holder in your dill instead actually put the fisher bolt in there and away you go, I find you have more control over the fisher bolt doing it this way, plus it's done in like 4 seconds never had a problem with nuts on the threads as it's never slipped or chewed them up #Hilti

That sounds an idea. Awkward and slow things to tighten in using just an adjustable or grips and hard to get started as you say.
I am thinking maybe my idea of using 2 locked together nuts and then a socket on drill would also do well.

I use what ever the merchants sells or comes with the basin, and I only use them if its a particular big heavy basin, I've found some basins only come with small screw holes but silicone behind the basin and its not going anywhere

two nuts locked together is what an engineer would use, all other methods are at your own risk

Thank you Lame! I knew I sometimes do things in a proper engineering way!
Takes an old guy to know that. :smile:

I am not sure, but I think that might have been a complement or a poke at being old................:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Have you got a photo of the sink at the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I can’t say I blame you tbh. If I was a better...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Worked a treat. Thank you so much Running...
Replies
Views
If you have the spare funds go ahead as it...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I'm assuming its a resin cast basin from what...
Replies
Views
Back