Fit fused timer for old oil boiler? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Fit fused timer for old oil boiler? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hey guys,

Have an old Oil Myson boiler that works fine, barring the mechanical timer on the front. Timer makes a sound but isn't going around so left using boiler manually.

Any ideas how to fix the timer?

Pic of boiler :
2lnjvw6.jpg

Alternatively could I fit this fused timer where the current fused switch is:
https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/green...ay-fused-digital-timer-spur-switch-230v/7643g

set the time on that and leave the boiler set to continuous all the time?
Pic of fused switch above boiler:
11u8d9g.jpg

Just worried the switch cutting the power while boiler is on could cause some kind of problem as when you switch it to off a fan sound runs for a few minutes after.

Any help much appreciated

I have had the same problem with several
customers’ old oil boilers.
In all cases I have fitted a remote Honeywell ST699
all were very pleased especially as the 699 is very easy to us, if a little expensive.
A fairly straightforward job.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. Currently experiencing an issue with our...
Replies
Views
C
Leave it on constant and control it via a...
Replies
Views
If anyone has any more ideas or obvious next...
Replies
Views
Hive is the way to go it does the whole...
Replies
Views
Back