fit tall radiator on 5mm pvc wet wall ? | General DIY Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss fit tall radiator on 5mm pvc wet wall ? in the General DIY Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

i have done a few tests on 5mm pvc wet wall before trying to fit a 1600 bathroom radiator, it's to be fitted on plaster board, there is a panel of sterling board inside the wall.
After a few try's to fit the rad fixing the wet wall sink's onto the wall, i have also tryed cutting a circle just smaller than the fixing and filled the hole with 3 penny washers and that wasen't much of a success.
if anyone has fitted a tall rad on 5mm pvc, i would appreciate your help.

Attachments

• 20221204_190647.jpg
    20221204_190647.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 44
You won’t do it as it’s hollow better off cutting a hole for a spacer eg 40mm dia dowl etc

Whatever the spacer is it should be smaller diameter than the wall fixings, then it won’t show.
In this case I think I would cut a circle of “6mm” ply, if this is not enough depth then back it up with 1mm packers until it is. Aim to get it level/just proud of the wall panelling, run a tidy bead of grey silicone around the wall plate if necessary.

Whatever the spacer is it should be smaller diameter than the wall fixings, then it won’t show.
In this case I think I would cut a circle of “6mm” ply, if this is not enough depth then back it up with 1mm packers until it is. Aim to get it level/just proud of the wall panelling, run a tidy bead of grey silicone around the wall plate if necessary.
Ok thank's for the tip, i will have to get some 6mm ply and give that a try, cheers!

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Only way to find out as above mcalpine make...
Replies
Views
  • Question
It was just a thought. I had the experience of...
Replies
Views
  • Question
The situation is as follows. I have a shower...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Correct. Bleed from bottom up to allow air...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Oh nice one, that's really useful. Those look...
Replies
Views
Back