Fitting a bath | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Fitting a bath in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
So you go to fit a bath & walls are way out of square.

You either level it against long or short side.

What do you do about the gap that's out?

If you can sontimes I sink them in if there not square and that helps a lot

If it's not too bad then I level the long side and cut into the plasterboard or plaster on the short side and try and make up the difference. Can look a bit odd when sealed and tiled if it's miles out though.

I see, like cut a channel into the wall & push in a bit?

Ok

How about newer houses with stud walls? Are they usually squarer?

Yes and normally yes but not granteeded

Depends who fitted them tbh. I was always taught to channel them in as an apprentice as water gets behind the tiles over the years

Thx, I did that but it was clear, 1st floor maisonettes (top floor), downstairs no issues. Outside all ok.

I plunged my heart out etc. Mop & plunger.

Do you think toilet needs to come out? It's really nasty!

Probably mate. I don't envy that job at all. Usually bog roll or the clip on toilet freshener covered in poo.

toilet out as it some thing stuck in the multiquick usually ive had hair brushes toothbrushes toy cars and a coffe pot lid plunging will usually clear them but block again when you add some paper to the test flushes

I've had a plastic cup in the spigot full of crap and stuck like concrete before now also a load of coak cans crushed up like they do with scrap cars and stuck tight/ wedged in kids in schools have too much time on there hands

i usually level along the long edge and channel into te short edge or go 50/50

just fill the gap with a quality cheap silicone then use really good silicone over the top

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I have recently done a similar job with drop...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Installing a P-shaped shower bath in a small...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello - You might be best off joining our...
Replies
Views
D
  • Question
Post a pic Could be you carefully break out...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Just screwdrivers. Although it’s wise to back...
Replies
Views
Back