fitting a check valve to a 25mm MDPE outside supply spur | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss fitting a check valve to a 25mm MDPE outside supply spur in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've want to take a spur off the short section of 25mm MDPE pipe going into the house just just after the stop tap. It's to get full pressure for the outside taps otherwise the 15mm pipes snake all the way through the house to the outside tap. The question is what should be done to comply with regs and avoid any possible siphoning back into the supply? Is is permissible to fit an inline check valve into the spur line before it reaches the taps? Mains pressure is 6Bar.
Thanks

stopcock then drain off then tee. On branch ISo double check drain off. Assuming it's just for a tap?

stopcock then drain off then tee. On branch ISo double check drain off. Assuming it's just for a tap?

Yes it's for a couple of outside taps. The MDPE pipe would run about 20metres to the first tap which is 900mm above ground level, then another 30metres down the garden to the second tap. The second tap has a drain valve in the feed pipe as it's at a lower levee because the garden slopes down.

Where in the branch should the check valve/isolating valve be fitted? I'm guessing that the DCV should be close to the start of the branch and with it's own stop tap first (for winter), then maybe a check valve afterwards or maybe just in each tap?
cheers

Tee the mdpe together and fit double checks as the new runs come out of the ground. External lag everything above 750mm below ground level. Any valves fitted must be accessible for use and maintenance

Also if you have an internal water meter you will need to get the new taps metered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I've tidied up this thread and banned a user...
Replies
Views
This is one of those 'it was alright before...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m sure it’s not what everyone on here...
Replies
Views
Burger
B
Plumbings one thing reading another. Sorry...
Replies
Views
Basically sounds like nothing was set in stone...
Replies
Views
Back