Fitting a combi boiler on a 13 l/m main | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Fitting a combi boiler on a 13 l/m main in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plucky

Pricing up a job at the moment. Customer currently has conventional set up. Tank fed HW and CW. He wants a combi up in the loft. Trouble is his mains is poor at 13 litres per minute I have told him he will not be inpressed by the results and advised him to stay with current set up. However British Gas have quoted and told him 13 l/m will be fine.

What are everyone elses opinions on the matter.

He is looking at a loft conversion at some point and the HW cylinder is right where the stairs will be going and he wants shower room up the top which means storage tank system is no good for what he wants to do.

if he has a 24 kw that should be ok if his btu requirements allow,they typically deliver 9-9.8litres per minute that said if he only has one bathroom

Trouble is Gasman that 13l/m is divided between Hot and Cold supplies.

are you saying the restriction trough the combi coming out of the hot?what make where you intending to use?

A worcester 30CDi

manufacturers claim 12.3 l/m What I am saying gas man is that the 13 litres a minute will be shared between hot and cold.

right see your problem,but would this only be a issue if they ran both together? they would need to adjust like most do with a combi

you just measure the mains coming into the house so 13l/min would be fine. you wouldnt half it mate to get hot and cold. going into too much detail there i think.

you just measure the mains coming into the house so 13l/min would be fine. you wouldnt half it mate to get hot and cold. going into too much detail there i think.

Ok thanks for help. Just didnt want an un happy customer at the end of the job thats all. :)

Just a point that when you put the combi in the loft you will lose some pressure due to putting it high up i did have that problem once the other problems i have had on low pressure was at 5 o clock people were using water on a shared main and the combination boiler in this house would not opperate the hot water switch and fire up after 6 o clock boiler was fine again

imho that will be about as fast as peeing combis are fine for smaller installs with good pressure can they not find space for pressurised tank for the hot i think putting in loft with weak incoming pressure will rebound on him and ultimatly you as well
suggest the best combi he can afford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
update on this, attached the Kinetico HE water...
Replies
Views
We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
@ShaunCorbs - the heating engineer who will be...
Replies
Views
Sounds like you have found a blockage, if so...
Replies
Views
RobinA
R
Back