Fitting a Honeywell CM927 wireless stat to a Glow Worm 30cxi boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Fitting a Honeywell CM927 wireless stat to a Glow Worm 30cxi boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stickyfoot

I currently have a Glow Worm 30cxi boiler with a mechanical timer on it for scheduling on and off times with fiddly little notches. There are no other existing timers or thermostats connected to it.

I've recently purchased a Honeywell CM927 wireless thermostat and I'm 96.3% sure how to fit it but would appreciate some confirmation before I give up and pay for someone to come and fit it for me.

How do I wire the wireless receiver to the power?

The diagram says Live goes from a switch to a fuse to the receiver then links to the next block along in the receiver before coming out and going to the boiler.

The Neutral goes from a switch to the boiler but is forked before it gets there to go to the receiver as well.

Do I put a junction box in the wire after the 3amp fused switch before the power goes into the boiler? Or do I need to intercept wires going into the existing timer and use those? If so, which wires?

P.S. For the thermostat wiring, using the manual, I've identified the voltage free heating connection point which currently has a little piece of wire connecting the two points. I was planning on removing this piece of wire and connecting the thermostat part of the wireless receiver to them.

Many thanks in advance.

P.P.S. I've attached a picture of the back of my boiler control panel.

IMG_20111210_194322.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

O
If the CM927 wireless link worked well, I'd...
Replies
Views
Did you check that the valve opens when the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks, the installer had linked a permanent...
Replies
Views
That is true - however with Vaillant...
Replies
Views
Hi - I found the fault. There are two actuator...
Replies
Views
Back