Fitting an unvented cylinder to a combi. | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Fitting an unvented cylinder to a combi. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meady

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Basically we went to look at a job this evening and the customer wants a unvented cylinder fitting to their combi boiler they already have fitted. As it stands at the moment they have a WB 38cdi classic with a inbuilt programmer that is attached to the boiler and a wireless WB room stat.

To get this to work am I right in thinking the programmer and room stat they have in there at the mo would need to be removed and a new say Honeywell one fitted on the wall???

Cheers

programmer will only be single channel so no use, whip it out and install an s plan via a wiring centre with any 2 channel programmer you wish with combined or separate rm stat. leave kitchen tap on combi rest on cyl, easy peasy

I'm actuAlly 4g so one step better :) I'm presuming the pump will just kick in as normal whenever the boiler is told to fire up as that won't be wired up to the wiring centre like normal

I'm actuAlly 4g so one step better :) I'm presuming the pump will just kick in as normal whenever the boiler is told to fire up as that won't be wired up to the wiring centre like normal

the combi will be in essence a system boiler on an s plan, wiring as normally done with this type of install.

Pump will fire when u close the volt free contact for ch. It's not quite an Splan wiring

I have done this quite a few times, putting a DHW cylinder on a combi boiler.
I'm assuming that the cylinder will be a cylinder without a heat exchanger / coil installed.

The way i have done it is to disconnect the electric element from the electric supply and use the cylinder stat to control a pump.
When the cylinder calls for heat, it switches the pump on and activates the boiler for domestic hot water.
Have done this with 50, 80, & 125 ltr cylinders and the customers seem happy with greater hot water supply and greater hot water pressure, being that the cylinder is connected to the mains and the DHW is not going through the boiler.

I cannot foresee any problems

Oz Plumber

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

S
  • Question
Many thanks, Ben-gee - that's very useful...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
Vaillant for me but Gledhill are good...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking at getting a new boiler with an...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks, the installer had linked a permanent...
Replies
Views
Back