Fitting auto air vent | Air Sourced Heat Pumps | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Fitting auto air vent in the Air Sourced Heat Pumps area at Plumbers Forums

DuncanM

Gas Engineer
Been advised to fit an AAV on return of a sealed system to try and keep air out of the HEX as it keeps error coding about circulation. Power flushed the system already, this is the next step.

Anyway, usually fit AAV on positive side of pump so how far away from pump to make sure AAV does not suck air in?

air sepaar
Are they not for open vent? Or would I put an AAV on top? Also can it go on return before pump? Been advised by technical to do this. It goes against what my understanding of how an aav works. Thanks.
No they are for either Vaillant recommend fitting air separator and magnetic filter air separator removes micro bubbles
spirovent-microbubble-deaerators-brass

AAV or air separators are best positioned in the circuit with higher water temperatures and lower pressure. The solubility of gases decreases as the temperature is higher with lower pressure, therefore ideally installed on flow after boiler.
So you concur that fitting it on the return could actually suck air in as it is before the pump. What about gasmk1 idea is it also on the flow? Thanks.

The way I see it with these float operated AAV etc that if mounted on the return before the pump as you're describing they could like you say draw air in if default or under lower pressure, negating the whole idea in the first place.
When mounted on the flow under higher temperatures these gases don't dissolve so much and are free to escape into the atmosphere.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Red circles show my new AAVs and the manual...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Think I am right in advising that air vents...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Fresh copper in a heating system will evolve...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Only other items that may cause noise are the...
Replies
Views
Yep, that's what I meant (as per attached...
Replies
Views
Back