Fitting bathroom towel radiator fitting questions? | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Fitting bathroom towel radiator fitting questions? in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

C

Crumpet369

Hi there, i’m in the process of remodelling a new build home and have a towel radiator i will be fitting soon to replace an ugly traditional radiator in the bathroom that was fitted by the builders.

The fitted radiator has been removed, the pipes are “polyfit” brand 10mm plastic tubes/microbore and the new towel radiator will be fixed to tiled plasterboard.

The TRV/Valve is 15mm so am I right in thinking I will need a 10mm>15mm elbow reducer like this:

And a 10mm pipe insert to connect to the coupler, then a short length of 15mm copper pipe on the other end to protude through the tiles/plasterboard and into the valves? (Then foam into the gap around the pipe, and a snappit pipe collar/cover?

Am I missing anything? And should I use ptfe tape and/or silicone grease under the olive/coupler?

Thanks!

Or just come through in 15mm

Use a jg speedfit 15-10mm elbow and a piece of 15mm copper tube

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi everyone, I have an Eastbrook Hurley towel...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You won’t remove it easily looks like an...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes that would be fine, no issues
Replies
Views
  • Question
Try turning any trv’s off on other radiators.
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
  • Question
Thanks! I was thinking the same thing. New...
Replies
Views
Back