Fitting boiler with vertical flue | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Fitting boiler with vertical flue in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there I have been asked to fit a new boiler with a vertical flue going through roof, I haven't fitted many vertical flues on domestic boiler's so was just wondering if I could fit the new flue into the existing terminal so I wouldn't have to go onto the roof, we do this with commercial boilers but don't know if I can do it on domestic boilers, also the existing boiler is standard efficiency where the new one is condensing

Any help would be appreciated thanks

You will need to renew the entire flue.
As far as i'm aware you can't re use existing flue systems with domestic. New boiler = new flue as well
A standard efficiency boiler flue will not be compatible as it will likely have a metal/aluminium inner flue which will corrode with condensing appliances. All flues now have a plastic inner flue.
Going to have to go up on the roof unfortunately...

Last edited:
You will need to renew the entire flue.
As far as i'm aware you can't re use existing flue systems with domestic. New boiler = new flue as well
A standard efficiency boiler flue will not be compatible as it will likely have a metal/aluminium inner flue which will corrode with condensing appliances. All flues now have a plastic inner flue.
Going to have to go up on the roof unfortunately...

No you cant, as different manufacturers use specific flues for their boilers, intergas for instance use an aluminium/alloy inner flue on their rapid boilers, despite what the previous poster said.

Gary you've got your post count past 10. Pm Gas man with your gas safe details to gain access to the gas safe section of the forum. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

T
Do a slightly dodgy job and let the extractor...
Replies
Views
It seems to be a case of having to watch and...
Replies
Views
I'm going to go tomorrow to switch it off for...
Replies
Views
That's my next job - lift the nearby lid up...
Replies
Views
Back