Fitting cistern back on the toilet. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Fitting cistern back on the toilet. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi people. Having a bit of a nightmare here. Trying to fix the toilet myself. It’s a closed coupled toilet. I replaced the valve and the flush for it but did a massive schoolboy error.. when I unscrews the cistern from the toilet the wing nuts fell, and there is zero access to them with taking the toilet out which I really don’t want to have to do because it has been there a very long time. Anyone got any ideas how I can secure the cistern back on to the toilet? I’ve uploaded a couple of pics. Thank you, Ryan.

Attachments

• 8D74FEF2-8A23-46B2-B1E8-104394C070F9.jpeg
    8D74FEF2-8A23-46B2-B1E8-104394C070F9.jpeg
    65.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 5012F927-B131-4632-8E76-10866A87029E.jpeg
    5012F927-B131-4632-8E76-10866A87029E.jpeg
    64.5 KB · Views: 32
The only option you may have other than toilet out is get some concealed toilet fixings the ones with the metal flip hinge and get some longer bolts
[automerge]1597164679[/automerge]
Or something like this

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Yeah, new pan fixing kit and change the donut for new but make sure it's very similar to the existing one.

Similar plumbing topics

You may also find pushing the button sharply...
Replies
Views
Post some pics. Is the cistern touching the...
Replies
Views
I would call it installer error. Maybe from...
Replies
Views
Thank you so much - really appreciate the...
Replies
Views
Siamp or torbeck can be pretty good for...
Replies
Views
Aquarius
A
Back