Fitting Kitchen Tap Flexi | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Fitting Kitchen Tap Flexi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Bought a new kitchen tap and I am unsure how you are supposed to fit the flexi pipes to the tap as the connections are deep in the tap, any ideas? Don’t think a box spanner will get in there. Its a Astracast elera TP0771.
IMG_3007.JPG
IMG_3008.JPG
IMG_3009.JPG

Screw it in until you can't turn any more (normally they state hand tight)

Yes I hate this design , as Shaun says hand tight but concentrate as you are tightening you actually get a feel when the brade is going to twist , you will know what I mean

Put some sort of lubrication on the o-rings prior to attaching them.
That way the 0-rings won't tear or not seal completely.

With the design of tap you have purchased, you only have the option of doing the flexi's up as tight as you can do by hand.

Great tap design - gives confidence is making a water tight joint.

Hand tight should be enough, and is probably what the manufacturer's instructions call for. If you're really unhappy, you can probably dismantle the tap from the top down and get access to where they screw into the body of the tap. You could then give them a nip up with a spanner, but it must be a nip and no more.

If the o-ring is past the opening of the fitting it'll seal as well hand tight as it would be if you cranked it up to the max with some kind of tool.

When an o-ring is properly sized and has nowhere to go it'll seal very well. As long as they can't twist back out somehow, which they can't when piped up, they will seal fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Have you got a photo of the sink at the...
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
Hi, I am replacing a kitchen tap and have run...
Replies
Views
Adam tl
A
  • Question
No
Replies
Views
  • Question
Dear ShaunCorbs, Merry Christmas to you and...
Replies
Views
Just unscrew the plastic pushfit elbow and...
Replies
Views
Back